- Hunger causes young children “physical and mental impairments."
- This also creates unsustainable costs and prevents economic success.
- Over 1200 Little Miami students are on a free or reduced breakfast/lunch program.
- In a classroom of 28 students in Little Miami Schools, six of those children are hungry.
- Students with a parent(s) who have an income of less than $23,803 for a 3 person household or less than $28,665 for a 4 person household qualify for free/reduce lunch programs.
- 23.8% of Ohioans under the age of 5 live on the “brink of hunger” reported by the hunger-relief charity Feeding America.
- Ohio is the third highest rate of food insecurity in the U.S., behind only Louisiana and North Carolina.
- 22% of the Little Miami students qualify for the free and reduced lunch program.
- Over 200 students grades K thru 12 will receive meals every weekend through Panther Backpack.
Click to see the typical contents of a BackPack and it’s Nutritional Value